- Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.
- Renew thyself completely each day
- Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends... Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.
- The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.
- Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
- My greatest skill in life has been to want but little.
- If you can speak what you will never hear, if you can write what you will never read, you have done rare things.
- It is only when we forget all our learning that we begin to know.
Money is not required to buy one necessity of the soul.
- Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.
- You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment.
- How could youths better learn to live than by at once trying the experiment of living?
- I had three chairs in my house; one for solitude, two for friendship, three for society.
- I have always been regretting that I was not as wise as the day I was born.
If I seem to boast more than is becoming, my excuse is that I brag for humanity rather than for myself.
- That man is rich whose pleasures are the cheapest.
- One must maintain a little bit of summer, even in the middle of winter.
- I suspect that the child plucks its first flower with an insight into its beauty and significance which the subsequent botanist never retains
- As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
- It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
- Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life so. Aim above morality. Be not simply good, be good for something.
- We are born as innocents. We are polluted by advice.
- To be awake is to be completely alive. I have never yet met a man who was quite awake.
- All good things are wild and free.
- “If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; new, universal, and more liberal laws will begin to establish themselves around and within him; or the old laws be expanded, and interpreted in his favor in a more liberal sense, and he will live with the license of a higher order of beings.”
-Henry David Thoreau
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
- Apple Inc.
Y ésta me encantó:
“Half the world laughs at the other half, though all are fools. Either everything is good or everything is bad, depending on the vote. What one sues, another pursues. An insufferable fool, he who wishes the universe regulated according to his plans. Bliss does not derive from the pleasure of any one person. There are as many minds as there are heads, and as different. There is no weakness without its admirer. Don't worry that your ways displease some, because, without fail, they will please others. And don't let their approval of them go to your head, because still others will condemn them. Proper satisfaction may be taken only in the approval of persons of authority and those who have standing in their fields. Do not live by the sanction of any one voice, or of any one custom, or of any single period.”
― Baltasar Gracian
― Baltasar Gracian